Visitors and customers are welcome to come in and have their phone properly disinfected for free. While this is a courtesy born out of necessity as COVID-19 adheres to phone surfaces, it allows us some socially-distanced face-to-face time with our neighbors,” says Bob Rathschmidt, owner of CPR Cell Phone Repair (CPR) at Howell Plaza Shopping Center. He cautions, “Phones are lifelines; it would be a terrible irony if they also make us sick.”
Bob explains that it is easy to disinfect your phone yourself by following these steps:
Deep Clean Your Phone
You put it down on and in all sorts of weird places; it’s no wonder that your phone carries roughly 11,000 germs per square inch. Yuck. Isn’t it time you clean it? Just follow these easy steps:
1. Power down your phone, take your phone out of its case and place it somewhere safe.
2. For the phone…using a professional grade cleaner, lightly spray a microfiber cloth or lint-free cloth (or use a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol pad) and gently wipe your phone. NOTE: Be sure to avoid any openings like charging ports, buttons and speakers.
3. For harder-to-reach crevices, use a Q-tip to dislodge crumbs and grime.
4. Now for the case…if it’s silicone or hard plastic, mix dish soap with water, clean lightly with a sponge or soft-bristled toothbrush and air dry. For leather, wood and cloth cases, go online for directions.
Decluttering Your Cell Phone
To begin, back up any essential data using cloud storage or your computer. Once that’s done:
• Delete unwanted pictures and videos.
• Remove unused apps.
• Delete old text messages and emails.
• Create folders and organize apps by category.
• Disable useless push notifications.
• Stream music to minimize MP3 files.
Need help with your deep clean and decluttering? CPR Cell Phone Repair is at your service. Call (732) 534-9965 or stop by. CPR Cell Phone Repair’s hours have changed temporarily and will be updated as needed. Currently they are: 11am-5pm M-Sat.